Sign in to follow this  
Tom Halloran

Future mod suggestions?

Carver service bulletin C1-2 provides a resistor chart for reducing the gain of the Main 1 output.

Would love to have a multi-position switch that would allow me to choose different gains.  Mine is currently set for the 21dB reduction, but no longer need that much.

The normal output of Main 2 is too high for the small space I am in.

Secondly, how about leds  that you could adjust the color from an external source?  My son used to install car kits that allowed drivers to adjust headlight leds using a phone app.

Not sure if the technology is small enough to be used in audio applications.  Just wondering?

On 11/17/2019 at 10:57 AM, Tom Halloran said:

Carver service bulletin C1-2 provides a resistor chart for reducing the gain of the Main 1 output.

Would love to have a multi-position switch that would allow me to choose different gains.  Mine is currently set for the 21dB reduction, but no longer need that much.

The normal output of Main 2 is too high for the small space I am in.

Secondly, how about leds  that you could adjust the color from an external source?  My son used to install car kits that allowed drivers to adjust headlight leds using a phone app.

Not sure if the technology is small enough to be used in audio applications.  Just wondering?

Hi Tom. I'm working on both of those modifications. I've wanted a color solution for LEDs for a long time, it just happens to be a little complex when trying to keep the price down as well as accessibility without making major changes to the outside of the unit.

• Like 1