Email us at SERVICE@NELIONAUDIO.COM to schedule a repair or restoration. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to Nelion Audio

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Vintage audio integrations and upgrades

Custom modifications

Reaching the best sound quality possible

Posted (edited)

Greetings !

I have a 34yr old Carver M1.5t Amp thats not working. (And hasn't for years).  Its mated to a Carver CT-7 into KEF 104/2 loudspeakers.  All is about the same age. I've reviewed your process for bringing my Amp back to life and even making it more efficient.  Wonder of the KEF's will be able to withstand the new power ? 

My Amp was purchased by me from the Army Exchange in Hawai'i about 1987 when I was in the Navy.  Honolulu Audio had it for $999, The Army Exchange was $650 with no tax.  I bought it just after it was mislabeled and placed on the "Clearance Rack" for $197 ! (no tax) with full warranty.. I still have the receipt here somewhere.  I dearly miss listening to my system and want to look into getting it Flying Again.  I listen to everything except rap and opera so, I expect ALOT out of an Amp.  Vivaldi, Iron Maiden and John Lee Hooker in the same evening isn't uncommon.  

My wife and I are both retired US Navy and live in Tucson, AZ.  I'm currently undergoing cancer treatment and not working.  Should be back at it by Sept of this year.  Any recommendations to get my Amp reincarnated ?  I ask because I don't know your schedule and will need to plan for the expense.    

Thank You very much for your time and interest in my Quest ! 

Kevin Loewe (RM1/SS) USN, Ret.

Edited by Kevin L

Hello @Kevin L,

Welcome to Nelion Audio! Please email us at service@nelionaudio.com to work out details for scheduling.

We can make your M1.5t sound better than ever. And as for the power, you can never have too much. It's all a matter of knowing what your speakers, your room, and your ears can handle. Any amplifier has the potential to blow a speaker, so really, blowing speakers is more so a user error than because of max power output of the amplifier.

Using in-line fuses at the speakers is a easy solution to protecting them against accidental over-driving, or various other problems that could occur.