This service is a full restoration and upgrade which includes cleaning inside and out, replacement of all consumable parts, reflow of questionable solder, service bulletins, new LEDs (your choice of color) for the meters, new 5-way binding posts, high-quality output relay, and the mkII upgraded components. This mod gives your 500(t) a much higher power rating, more headroom, less commutation distortion, better current sourcing and performance into low impedance loads, and tighter bass and transient control.
We are the only techs authorized to perform this mod. Any other 'pros' out there claiming they can do this upgrade have copied information available on our websites and perform these upgrades without our permission.
Our prices are well worth every penny. We stand behind our work 100%. If we can impress Bob Carver himself with our work, you can't be disappointed!
How they look when we get them:
How they look when we're done:
- Long life high temp capacitors throughout
- High performance audio grade capacitors in signal paths
- Replace all power rectifiers and power switching diodes
- Replace voltage trim pots
- Replace entire pre-drive stage transistors to higher voltage, higher power type
- Replace input opamp buffer to audio grade device
- Replace output protection relay
- Completely upgrade and rebuild output stage transistors for more linearity, durability and higher power handling
- Replace meter bulbs with LEDs of your color choice
- Upgrade speaker binding posts to modern 5-way gold or silver
- Perform factory service bulletins where needed
- Calibrate, burn-in and test to mkII specs. I also listen to all the amps I work on. It doesn't leave my bench unless is sounds like it should.
- m500 models are upgraded with the 't' mod, as recommended by the factory.
Comes with a 3-year warranty and lifetime waver of bench fees.
Power into 8 ohms:
Stock: 251 watts
MKII: 395 watts
Clipping into 8 ohms:
Stock: 270 watts
MKII: 410 watts
Dynamic into 8 ohms:
MKII: 520 watts
mkII upgrade and restore Cost: $420 (includes Gold speaker binding posts, 3 year parts and labor warranty and full cleaning)
IEC socket: $40.00
M500 power switch (added to back of unit): $40
Restore without mkII upgrade (stock specs, new LEDs): $300.00
Restore with new binding posts: $340.00
Binding Posts (gold shown)
Although the Dim Switch will still dim the LEDs, The LED driver can be trimmed to your brightness preferences (Driver model 001 shown):
Edited by Nelion Audio